Tuesday 15 January 2013

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop!

THE NEXT BIG THING BLOG HOP


Welcome to the NEXT BIG THING Blog Hop.

What is a blog hop? Basically, it’s a way for readers to discover authors new to them.  I hope you'll find new-to-you authors whose works you enjoy.  On this stop on the blog hop, you'll find a bit of information on me and one of my books and links to five other authors you can explore!

My gratitude to fellow author, Adrienne deWolfe, for inviting me to participate in this event.  You can click the following links to learn more about Adrienne and her books.



Her Next Big Thing

Her Website

Her Books


In this blog hop, my fellow authors and I, in our respective blogs, have answered ten questions about our current book or work-in-progress (giving you a sneak peek).  We've also included some behind-the-scenes information about how and why we write what we write--the characters, inspirations, plotting and other choices we make. I hope you enjoy it!

Please feel free to comment and share your thoughts and questions. Here is my Next Big Thing!

Seduced by the Boss 1
1: What is the working title of your book?

BBW Needs Hot Sex! It's a Kindle erotic romance.

2: Where did the idea come from for the book?

To be honest, I was washing the dishes when the plot idea just popped into my head.  I'd read a couple of BBW Kindle romances a few weeks earlier and at the time the idea popped into my head I was writing my Seduced By The Boss series so I jotted down the basic plot and decided to write it after my Seduced By The Boss series was completed.

3: What genre does your book come under?

Seduced by the Boss 3
Seduced by the Boss 2
Short Erotic Romance

4: Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

I think Joe Manganiello Joe Manganiello who plays Alcide in True Blood would be a great choice for Nick and Sara Rue (I'm thinking back to the series Less Than Perfect which she starred in) would be a good choice for Amy

5: What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

BBW 20-something woman meets the guy of her dreams (I don't want to give too much away at this stage but there's more to the plot than this)

6: Is your book self-published, published by an independent publisher, or represented by an agency?

I will be self-publishing on Kindle.

7: How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

I'm still writing it but I hope to self-publish in February.

8: What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Seduced by the Boss 4
BBW books by J S Scott, such as CURVES BY DESIGN (Big Girls And Bad Boys: A BBW Erotic Romance)

9: Who or what inspired you to write this book?

Since I started writing my Seduced By The Boss series, I've had a few plot ideas popping into my head at various times.  This was my first BBW story though.

10: What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

If you think romance and hot sex go together, then I think you'll like this short erotic romance :-)

Below you will find authors who will be joining me virtually, via blog, next Wednesday. Please be sure to bookmark their sites, and add them to your calendars for updates on their upcoming books!  Happy Writing and Reading!

1.   Dawn Napier  (Contemporary High Fantasy)

2.  Beth Ann Masarik

3.  Cody Kennedy
 
4.  Kharisma Rhayne

Please note all the above links are clickable and will open in a new window.